Sunday, March 2, 2008

David is 5!!!!

Today is David's birthday - it's not been a very exciting day, but we did take him to Chili's for lunch, which he requested. We had gift cards left from Christmas, so that was nice!!! We opened a package from Brent's parents. We are going to truly celebrate next week with a party at our house with a few friends. He really seems a lot bigger to me - I know it is part psychological, but he is growing up. These pictures were taken today in the new Sooners jersey Grandma and Poppy sent. He was so excited to have a jersey "like his brothers."




He really needs a haircut. Jason had a haircut this week, so I tried to convince David to get one too. He usually likes to be like his brothers, so I said something to him about getting a haircut like Jason. He said he did not want one, so I said, "Don't you want to be like Jason?" He said, "No, I just want to be like myself!" I thought it was sweet, so no haircut, at least for now!!!!

9 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! Where has the time gone? 5 years old already??? He looks so handsome. I say... who needs a haircut? It's obvious they aren't a high priority at our house. (:

Courtney said...

cute pic!

Dalene said...

I miss that little sly grin.

Marci said...

Wow, he looks so old. I can't believe how fast time is passing by. We will be posting about grandkids before you know it!! LOL

khowze said...

Cute boy!

Aubrey said...

That is sweet...and I think he looks so cute with his hair that length. He looks so much like Brent.

rachel white said...

i remember holding him in the hospital. he looks as sweet today as he did that day! : ) happy birthday, jason!

and, on a side note, your fireplace looks nice (in the photo). i want to see pics of your house! it's nice to picture where you live in my mind...

rachel white said...

LOL!! i meant, "happy birthday DAVID"!!!

Kipplyn said...

Happy Bday! Good to read about you all!! Hard to believe he is 5