Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter, etc.

I was going to post a picture and write about Easter, but the pictures are not very good. The lighting was terrible, and really it didn't feel much like Easter. My poor kids didn't even get to hunt easter eggs. I did get them baskets, but I did not get any pictures of them with their baskets. It was just a bad year for any of that. It's a good thing that these traditions are not what Easter is all about. Thankfully, whether it's a "good" Easter or a "bad" Easter, Jesus still died for us and still rose again! That is what it is all about - the rest shouldn't matter. It's always a good Easter because I will be spending eternity with Jesus! (If you think I am trying to make myself feel better for not being more on top of it, you are probably right!) Church went well - we had at least seven new family units visiting, and regardless of what Brent says, I think his sermon must have been good. I was in children's ministry so I didn't hear it, but we have received a lot of compliments! We know that at least a couple of those families will be returning, so that is exciting! It was a beautiful day outside, and we were able to stand outside and talk with the visitors after church while the kids played on the bounce house. It was a great morning!

Beyond Easter, I have a couple funny David stories. To add on to the speech therapy blog. Today, he went for his second session. He was so excited to go to school. On our way home after that and after running a couple errands, I asked if he wanted to go to the park. He said he did not. I said it would be fun because he would be able to play with friends. He said, no because he had already played with a friend this morning. The only place we had been was to the school, where he is in speech alone with only the therapist, so I asked which friend. He said, "My friend at school who plays games with me!" Yes, that would be the speech therapist - they play card games to help with enunciation!

The second story is this. We were in the Dollar Tree today. Some music was playing and a new song came on. Only the opening few notes had played when David said, "This sounds like Everybody Dance Now." First of all, I did not know he was paying attention, nor did I know that he knew that song title, not to mention what music it went with, and he was ABSOLUTELY correct. It was that song. The lady behind the counter burst into laughter. Furthermore, David started dancing. And when I told him to stop so we could walk outside, he said that his body wouldn't let him stop dancing when that song was playing! This has become a new excuse for him. Yesterday his body wouldn't stop going to get the Gameboy when it was off limits. While it is cute at times, like when he was dancing today and not doing anything wrong, it is not okay when it is an excuse for disobedience. However, might I say that he is so darn cute in his disobedience. IT'S TERRIBLE!!!!

Now to talk about how proud I am of Jason. I was at his school today with David and stopped in to take some stuff to Jason's classroom. His teacher proudly announced to me that Jason made the HONOR ROLL. This is a HUGE deal! He has struggled so much this year and has worked hard to get caught up both at school and in tutoring. He did not think he could ever make the honor roll, and he did it! In addition to that, his teacher told me that Jason was supposed to be Student of the Month this month, but they could not get in touch with us to let us know. So, he will be Student of the Month next month. I am so very pround of him. He has worked so hard!

9 comments:

Dalene said...

Becky! What great news regarding your boys! I'm so glad to hear that! I'm so glad that you had families visit for Easter.

Courtney said...

Yeah for Jason! That is awesome. David is such a character! I love it. Very fun. Post the pics anyway, did you see mine...we had yellow fuzzies and an orange wall behind all of wearing pink (with Jeff's name tag on...) come on?! :) Anyway, so glad to hear the good news about families returning!!!!

Christy said...

I'm so glad things are going well. I love that David has figured out that his body doesn't always do what your head knows it should. My body really can't stop reaching for cookies when they are in the house. (:

Great news for Jason! Wow! Honor Roll. So cool.

Marci said...

Those stories about David are GREAT!! I was trying to picture him dancing- - -I bet it was hilarious!

That is awesome about Jason! I bet he is so proud!!

rachel white said...

how exciting, becky! (about jason). that's SO great! and, you totally had me laughing out loud with the "everybody dance now" story! i think he must get that musical knowledge from brent (who, i think, has excellent and very diverse taste in music). he really is too cute for his own good!

rachel white said...

i forgot to say...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear becky..happy birthday to you!!

how you have a lovely day (tomorrow, right?) and praying the Lord's richest blessings for you and your family in the year to come!!

hugs to you!

Courtney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BECKY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Hope it is wonderful! Love you

Susiewearsthepants said...

I have been there with a struggling child. I know the joy you feel when they improve. Congratulations!!!!

khowze said...

I am cracking up reading those stories of David...too cute. I agree, sometimes they are so cute in their disobedience it's hard not to laugh! So cool about Jason too...you must be thrilled and proud!!