Monday, August 20, 2007

We made it through the day . . .

It did not start out so well, but God is good! James woke up in a great mood and had a great attitude. Brent took him and he went off like it was just another day! I guess he got over his anxiety yesterday. Jason, on the other hand, was a mess. We left for our walk to school, and he was great - happy all the way, but when we arrived, his face just showed all his anxiety. Then we had to wait for his teacher because he had before school duty. He did not arrive until the bell rang. In the meantime, a very sweet mother walked up to me and introduced herself and told me her son's name. He and Jason ended up sitting together, but when I left, Jason was crying. I spent the day praying for both of them while I went about my other tasks. Brent and I both discussed that it would be nice if the first day of school was only a half day so we did not have to wait so long to check on the kids. I walked back to pick Jason up and he came out and snuck up behind me. He was all smiles. He hung out with that sweet boy for the most part and made one or two other acquaintances. He loved his teacher, but through the night, he was teary again several times and said he did not want to go back tomorrow. I guess that at one recess, he could not find anyone he knew and that bothered him a lot, but otherwise, he had a good day. Tomorrow should be better as he gets to know more kids. I don't think I have realized how insecure he is. I know that he is much more attached to us than James, but some of that is age, but I think he is kind of afraid of making new friends. When he was little, he made friends with anyone. That seems to have changed, but I am just now realizing that.

James made two friends. He made it to all of his classes on time, and overall had a good day! I was so proud of him. I asked him this evening when we ran to the store together if he was scared this morning. He said he just kept praying, and he felt fine. Then he said throughout the day, he kept seeing all the things God provided for him and stopped and said thank you. He is such a great kid!!!! I need to remember these things when his preteen behaviors are driving me NUTS!!!!

Thank you for your prayers! I will definitely still appreciate them as they continue to adjust, but I think it is all going to be fine. I still have some concerns about Jason's academic abilities, but we will see as we go along. He will be assessed this week in all areas, I think. So, I should know something soon.

2 comments:

Hannah E. said...

LOVE hearing about your family! So glad you have joined the blogging world. Visit mine anytime, I'd love to hear from you. And by the way, your posts can be as long or as short as you want!!! I didn't think yours were too long AT ALL!

Courtney said...

i agree with Hannah! And I am so thankful that the Lord heard our prayers. I practice being a prayer warrior on James yesterday! That was an added blessing to my soul and encouragement for me to hear that he had a good day! I am so glad to hear that. I will continue to pray. Hope you are doing well. I got your email and will explain it soon. I have a game gotta run