Friday, August 31, 2007

New friends . . .

When I arrived in Bakersfield, I was introduced to a website called meetup.com. It is a place that you can go and join different groups. I joined a group of stay at home moms just shortly after we arrived. The idea is that periodically the women will get together. Tonight, after three months, I finally attended a meetup. It is a little strange going to a restaurant to meet a bunch of women you have never even laid eyes on. In my case, I was a little lucky in that I had met one of the women at a scrapbooking party several weeks ago when she invited me to her home after seeing that I enjoy scrapbooking, so I was not all alone. She offered to pick me up, so we could go to the event together. Neither of us knew anyone and we barely knew each other, but we found the other ladies, and seven of us (complete strangers) enjoyed dinner together. It was so much fun getting to know other moms! I am so glad that I decided to go, and I am so thankful for Trina calling to take me with her. I doubt she will read this, but if so, Thanks Trina!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

yeah! that is great. i love mom's night out! is that only for bakersfield? or is it open for anyone...cos i'd be willing to open up ours to others i think?!
:) miss you

Becky said...

Yes, I thought I mentioned it to you. Just go to meetup.com and you can start a group in your area, but it does cost some money. Hope you are getting some rest and having a nice quiet weekend.