Thursday, January 21, 2010

Same Kind of Different As Me = Fantastic

At the recommendation of some friends, I just read Same Kind of Different As Me. For those of you, who like me a few weeks ago, know nothing about this book because you are not up on books, it is a true story about two men from very different worlds who meet and become lifelong friends through the encouragement and faith of an incredible, strong woman. It is a story of God's power to overcome heartache and pain that seem impossible to overcome.

For me, it was a story of the blessing and encouragement I can be for my husband, especially, but also for others. If it was not for this woman, this friendship would not have taken place. It was through her forgiveness and loving encouragement that her husband was able to become the man he became. It was convicting! It was through her courage and conviction that so many lives were touched. I pray I can leave a legacy (in my own way) like she was able to do. I hope I am obedient and the woman of God that I am called to be. I hope I am in touch enough that I can hear or see when God points me in certain directions so that I can leave the legacy He has called me to leave.

I can't recommend the book enough!! And, aside from the tears, it is an easy read!!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I LOVE that book too! But what a neat perspective you shared on the wife's role. I hadn't thought as much about that as other aspects of the story. Makes me want to read it again with that in mind!

Marci said...

I read it too and I would diddo Hannah's response about the wife. It was a beautiful story!

Dalene said...

I know, Becky. It's so amazing. I'm thinking of adding it to the ACS reading list to read the same year we read Uncle Tom's Cabin. I cried so much when I read it (in a good way).