Friday, November 21, 2008

Cutie Patootie!!!

Okay, I really don't know where that saying came from or if I am even spelling Patootie right, but I have a funny story about Sarah!!!

This morning I was brushing her hair and helping her with her teeth, and she was just looking so darn cute! I looked at her and said, "You are such a Cutie Patootie!" She said, "I not a cutie patooo - what you call me?" So I said, "A cutie patootie." She said, "I not a cutie patootie." I said, "Yes you are." She followed with, "No I not, I don't toot!" I held off on the conversation about honesty because I was laughing so hard!!! It's funny what our little sayings bring to the mind of a three year old!! Whatever she says, she is adorable - definitely a cutie, but maybe I will leave off the patootie part next time I am talking to her about it!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, i love it!

Hannah E. said...

That is funny! Jonah is Mr. Literal all the time, so his confusion about things I say make me realize how weird a lot of these phrases I say actually are.

Vickie said...

that is cute. I tried telling Katie one time that if she didn't eat a good dinner she would poop out at swim lessons. got a really funny look on that one!

Marci said...

That is great! I don't know what I am going to do when all of our little ones are grown and they don't say these cute little things anymore. :(