Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another Day in the Life of Potty Training

Quickly, I just wanted to say that today was a good day. Sarah wore panties all day with the exception of naptime and a quick run out to the store this evening. Things are improving! However, she hates to go. I have never experienced anything like it. She holds it as long as she possibly can, then when she finally can't anymore and she starts to tinkle, she cries and cries, like she is in pain. But when she goes in a diaper, she does not cry. It's like it scares her or something. I can't figure out what the deal is. By the time she went before bed tonight, she did not cry, but she did the rest of the day. I told Brent that if it doesn't stop, I will have to call the doctor. Has anyone ever been through something like this?

3 comments:

Marci said...

Hmmm. . . . that is strange. None of my kids did anything like that, but I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. If she wasn't cying when she went in her diaper- - then it probably isn't a medical issue. The more she does it and realizes it's nothing to be afraid of, she should come out of it.

I am NOT looking forward to the potty training thing with Cooper. I will probably wait awhile.

Courtney said...

i have heard of someone's kid doing the same thing. i don't remember who it was though...maybe it was one of the triplets. sorry. but i have heard that they are scared of the pee/poo/water flushing (disappearing) and that they might get flushed too....more fear than anything medically wrong. who knows though...trust your instinct. see you SOO soon

Hannah E. said...

When we potty trained Jonah, I was the only one crying. So I'm no help here. =)